Sunday, August 21, 2011

Rag doll.

Yesterday I gave myself a hair cut, just a trim to get rid of the split ends, to celebrate I rag curled my hair last night, it went a bit frizzy, perhaps it will be nicer when it relaxes a tad.



Rag curling my hair reminds me of when I was a child and I desperately wanted curly hair, as it was when I was a toddler. So my mother would curl my hair for me pretty often, she did it differently to this, her way was to have a longer rag and wrap the hair around that then the rag back up around the hair and tie at the top, so it looked a bit like a dread, but the curls came out as perfect ringlets.
Kids at school used to make fun of me, they would say I looked like a nineteen thirties movie star, as a negative, seems like a pretty funny insult now.

1 comment:

  1. Oh you were made fun of - how sad. You looked so cute :)

    ReplyDelete