Friday, November 4, 2011

About Home and Other Things

Not a whole lot has been happening around here. Chris and I are both on holiday and have been hanging out at home and moving more stuff from storage. He has been playing computer games and I have been catching up on some reading.Today I was determined to go out, but it was a rainy discouraging morning, like the morning Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy discovered Narnia, and yet I feared there was no magical land at the back of my wardrobe.


But the weather cleared a bit by lunch so we took the bus up to Northlands and tried out a cafe I have been ogling for awhile. It is also an antique store and the raspberry milkshake I ordered tasted like liquid marshmallows. MMM.


We looked at the few secondhand stores up that way, I came away with an unused 60s birthday card and Chris with a boat in a bottle.


Spending to much time around home does entice you to notice new things (particularly in a newish home). For example the pretty lights that shine above the curtains when they are closed during the day.


And the new neighbours on moving day. I stood on one of them :( but the good news is I now know I have a minimal reaction to bee stings! :)

1 comment:

  1. Cute card. Honey works really well on bee stings.
    Annemarie

    ReplyDelete